12 April 2016

'I know that I find who I am in Jesus Christ, not in genetics, and my identity in him never changes.'

Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury
Head of the Anglican Communion

Within the last few weeks Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury, the most senior bishop in the Church of England (Anglican) and head of the worldwide Anglican Communion, discovered that the man he thought was his father, the late husband of his mother, was not but someone else.

In a personal statement on 8 April the Archbishop said, I know that I find who I am in Jesus Christ, not in genetics, and my identity in him never changes.

Christ as Saviour, El Greco, 1610-14
Museo de El Greco, Toledo, Spain [Web Gallery of Art]

As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:27-28).

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it (1 Corinthians 12:27).

See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are (1 John 3:1).



In Christ there is no east or west

No comments: